Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great summer dessert which should satisfy the sweet fans and the tart fans. This came from Market Street in Colleyville, TX.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine tapioca, lemon juice, and sugar. Stir until well blended.
- Add berries and rhubarb. Stir gently to blend well; try not to break up the berries.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Prepare topping and sprinkle crumbs on top of the fruit in baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until top is crispy and lightly browned.
- For topping: In a small bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 3/4 cup QC oatmeal, and lemon zest. Using fingers, rub 1/2 cup softened butter into flour mixture to form large crumbs.
- Note: You can substitute another berry, or make with rhubarb only. Adjust measurements accordingly. For extra crunch, add walnuts or pecans.