Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cooking Light August 2005
Make and share this Blackberry Rhubarb Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups thinly sliced frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until thick, stirring frequently.
- Cool, and pour into airtight containers.