Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mmmm. I found this in an old issue of Gourmet magazine. Sounds like it would be good on pancakes, waffles, angel food cake, ice cream, or whatever sounds good.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup blackberry, picked over
- 1 cup raspberries, picked over
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a small saucepan bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved, and in a blender pulse together with berries and lemon juice until berries are chopped.
- Cool sauce.
- Sauce may be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered.
- Makes 2 cups.
Delicious dessert sauce. I didn't have any raspberries, so I used peaches. This made it more sweet. I look forward to making it with the raspberries. Thanks for the recipe!
Super quick & easy dessert sauce. Not too sweet, just enough to compliment the fresh blackberries & raspberries. Delicious served over homemade angel food cake. :) Thanks for posting it! Made & enjoyed in Don's memory. We're thinking of you, lazyme!