Prep 2 hrs
Cook 50 mins
Posted by request. Taken from Bon Appetit.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled,cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons ice water (about)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- For crust: combine first 5 ingredients in food processor; blend 5 seconds.
- Add butter and blend, using on/off turns, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add 5 tablespoons water and vinegar.
- Using on/off turns, blend until moist clumps form, adding more water if dough is dry.
- Gather dough into ball, divide in half.
- Shape each ball into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- For filling: Preheat oven to 400.
- pray 9-inch diameter glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Whisk 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in large bowl to blend.
- Add berries and toss to coat.
- Let stand 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Roll out 1 dough disk on lightly floured surface to 12-inch round; transfer to prepared pie dish.
- Spoon filling into dough-lined dish.
- Roll out second dough disk to 13-inch round.
- Drape dough over filling, and trim overhang to 1/2 inch.
- Press edges together to seal; fold overhang under and crimp decoratively.
- Cut several small slashes in top crust to vent.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake until cust is golden and filling is bubbling about 50 minutes; cool 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Thank you so much for posting this wonderful pie recipe. It is so pretty with the 3 colors, and the flavor was absolutely wonderful. The texture was good the flavors were balanced. Truly a beautiful and tasty experience. Thanks for sharing this keeper.
Turned out great, tasted like a berry pie, not a berry flavored SUGAR pie! I took other's advice and added 1tbsp cornstarch but it was still a bit runny. Next time I'm going to add a total of 3 extra tbsps, just fyi!
In my last review, I said Cherries, and of course, meant to say Blackberries. Connie Spanjer