Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A very easy pie to make all year round. The pie is very juicy so put a piece of aluminum foil in under the pie plate in the oven or you may have a mess on your hands.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 cups frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pastry for double-crust pie
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, tapioca and cornstarch. Add berries and toss gently until coated. Let stand for 15-30 minutes or until the fruit is partially thawed but still icy.
- Transfer berry mixture to pastry-lined pie plate. Dot filling with butter. Place remaining pastry on filling. Trim pastry and crimp as desired.
- To prevent the crust from overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake at 375º for 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20-25 more minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cook on a wire rack.
- There will be lots of juice in this pie.