Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A very easy pie to make all year round. The pie is very juicy so put a piece of aluminum foil in under the pie plate in the oven or you may have a mess on your hands.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 cups frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pastry for double-crust pie
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, tapioca and cornstarch. Add berries and toss gently until coated. Let stand for 15-30 minutes or until the fruit is partially thawed but still icy.
- Transfer berry mixture to pastry-lined pie plate. Dot filling with butter. Place remaining pastry on filling. Trim pastry and crimp as desired.
- To prevent the crust from overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake at 375º for 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20-25 more minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cook on a wire rack.
- There will be lots of juice in this pie.
Turned out picture perfect - stood up well, no messy goo! Great taste as well, not too sweet and not too tart. Thank you for posting!
Yum! My family loved this beautiful pie! Blackberries and raspberries are just made to be together. Used Recipe #117324 and baked in a deep dish pie plate though would have been fine with a standard size. Used fresh organic raspberries, otherwise no changes. Thanks for sharing the recipe!