Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Absolutely Yummy! I believe it's a very old Vancouver Sun recipe.
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 cups cold water
- Put boiling water over blackberries.
- Add salt, grated rind, orange and lemon juices.
- Let simmer slowly for 5 minutes.
- Press through sieve, then add cold water and sugar.
- Place in fridge until cold, several hours.
Mmmm, good! I thought the recipe needed more blackberry flavour, so I used three cups of blackberries instead of one cup. We made some of the Blackberry Quench into popsicles - just the thing for a hot summer's day. (Yes, I tried this last summer but am only now getting around to posting a review.)