1/2 Photos of Blackberry Pudding Tarts
From Southern Living 1993.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake the tart shells according to the package directions and cool completely.
- 2Combine the berries and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the berries are soft.
- 4Mash the berries and strain 2 cups of juice.
- 5Discard the pulp and seeds.
- 6Combine the sugar and flour in a saucepan.
- 7Add the blackberry juice, whisking constantly until smooth.
- 8Bring to a boil, whisking.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer for 3 min or until thickened.
- 10Remove from heat and add butter and 2 t vanilla.
- 11Spoon the filling into the cooled tart shells.
- 12Cool completely.
- 13Beat the whipping cream on medium heat until foamy.
- 14Gradually add in 1/4 c sugar.
- 15Beat until stiff peaks form.
- 16Stir in 1/8 t vanilla.
- 17Put a dollop or two of whipped cream on top of the tarts.
- 18Garnish as desired with fresh blackberries and mint sprigs.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry Pudding Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (2389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.2
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 252.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 51.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g