Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
These are sooo good. Wonderful summertime dessert. Cooking time from the crust says 12-15 minutes, but I found it actually took a lil longer, maybe 20 minutes. So watch carefully.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chlled unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen blackberries, defrosted and drained
- For the crust and topping: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a very large bowl. Cut butter into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter. Continue until the butter is evenly distributed, but the mixture is still crumbly (as you would a pie crust).
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture for the topping.
- Press the remaining crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for 12-15 minutes, or until it is golden brown. Cool for at least 10 minutes.
- To make the filling: Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl, then add the sour cream, flour and salt.
- Gently fold in the blackberries.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs evenly over the top.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned.
- Cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares/bars.