An adopted recipe; I am unsure of the original poster. The intro read: "This Blackberry pie is SO dramatic when served in a teacup! How unique is that? This recipe is for 2 people. Or shall I say for 2 Very Romantic people? Perfect for that ultra, ultra special occasion! For a unique presentation add a melon ball size ice cream garnish. Cooks Note: You could make the crust into a heart shape for Valentine's Day or use your imagination to make different shapes. This is an easy dessert and everything can be made ahead of time. Adapted from Elegant Dining." from finedinings.com by Peggy Bucholz
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Make The Crust: Roll out the pie crust dough and cut two circles of the dough smaller than the size of the teacup so that it will fit just inside the cup.
- 3Poke holes or make cuts in the dough. Lightly spray a cookie sheet, place the dough on the sheet, sprinkle lightly with sugar and bake approximately 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack. The baked pie crusts can be covered at room temperature until time of serving.
- 5Make The Filling: Mix the cornstarch and brandy together; set aside.
- 6Combine the berries and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- 7Add the cornstarch-brandy mixture and stir until thickened.
- 8Remove from heat and add the cinnamon and nutmeg. The filling can be cooled, covered and refrigerated until time to serve.
- 9Plating Up: When ready to serve, heat the filling, spoon into each teacup, add the baked pie crust. Using a melon baller, add a single scoop of ice cream, garnish with mint and serve.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry Pie Served in Tea Cups
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 890.5
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 662.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: