Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mom is well known in the family for her blackberry pie. So we like to make this recipe when blackberries are in season here. We also pick lots to freeze so we can make this pie throughout the year.
- 4 3⁄4 cups berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- Mix sugar, flour, tapioca and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over berries and toss to coat until well blended.
- Pour into premade pie crust and dot with butter. Put top crust on.
- Cut 3-4 slits through top crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake about 1 hour longer or until crust is light brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
This pie is easy, and delicious. I did not have tapioca, used 2 tbl cornstarch, and it came out great. I used fresh blackberries. I will make this for the MIL!(o;
This was excellent the only thing I did different was swap splenda for the sugar so my hubby could enjoy it thanks
This was good but sadly I used a bad crust. I used frozen raspberries because my store did not have blackberries either frozen or fresh!! For the flour I used white rice flour to be gluten free, regular tapioca, etc. I used Gluten Free Potato Shortcrust Pastry as the crust. I may make this again with blackberries if I find a good gluten free flaky crust. Made for RECIPE SWAP #39 - April 2010 - Group 9 - Coconut Ice.