Recipe by Chef on the coast
Mom is well known in the family for her blackberry pie. So we like to make this recipe when blackberries are in season here. We also pick lots to freeze so we can make this pie throughout the year.
- 4 3⁄4 cups berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, flour, tapioca and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over berries and toss to coat until well blended.
- Pour into premade pie crust and dot with butter. Put top crust on.
- Cut 3-4 slits through top crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake about 1 hour longer or until crust is light brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.