Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My friend Rich mentioned that he likes to cook. Then, of course, I mentioned Recipezaar. He said he enjoys making recipes up and that he had just made up a really good one. Here it is with his permission!
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 (11 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice, reserving the liquid
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 4 -6 lamb chops, grilled (or broiled)
- mixed salad green
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes
- Wash berries and puree in a blender. Strain the berries strainer and pushing the flesh of the berries through. Discard the seeds. Set asids the strained berries.
- Reserve the liquid from the canned pears and blend the pear pieces until pureed.
- Add the pureed pear to the berries and mix with the ginger.
- Put mixture into a small saucepan and reduce on very low heat until about 1/2 or a bit less. If too thick, add some reserved pear liquid so it won't burn. This should be about 15 minutes or so.
- Add salt to taste.
- Place lamb chops on each plate and then place greens and tomatoes around the lamb. Serve with the sauce warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Saving this luscious sounding recipe for summertime when blackberries are coming out of our ears! Thanks, Rick!