Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Bon Appetit with nice reviews. Can also use raspberries.
- 1⁄4 cup blackberry all-fruit spread
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups frozen blackberries, thawed
- Whisk blackberry spread, 1 tablespoon amaretto and 1 teaspoon vanilla in small bowl until smooth.
- Whisk sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt in heavy medium saucepan to blend. Gradually whisk in milk. Whisk in egg. Add butter. Whisk over medium heat until mixture comes to boil and thickens, about 6 minutes. Boil 1 minute longer, whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Whisk in almond extract, 1 tablespoon amaretto and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon blackberry spread mixture into bottom of each four 1-cup stemmed glasses. Top each with 4 blackberries, then with about 3 tablespoons hot pudding. Repeat layering twice more. Divide any remaining blackberries among glasses. Refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours. (Blackberry parfaits can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
Loved it! I made it exactly as directed, except for using fresh blackberries rather than frozen. It turned out perfectly. The subtle amaretto/almond/vanilla flavoring is a perfect complement to the blackberries. Thanks for a keeper lazyme!