1/1 Photo of Blackberry & Orange Iced Tea
Baby Kato's Note:
This pretty iced tea is bright and colorful, just perfect for serving to company. The refreshing iced tea is tart and fruity and very flavorful. Please note that chilling time is not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 jasmine tea bags
- 946.36 ml water, cold
- 295.73 ml blackberries (frozen or fresh)
- 59.14 ml orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 59.14-78.07 ml sugar, white (to taste)
- 118.29 ml water, cold
- 14.79 ml orange juice, for rimming glass
- 14.79 ml sugar, for rimming glass
- 4 orange slices (garnish)
- 4 mint sprigs (garnish)
- 20 ice cubes (mixture of orange juice ice cubes and water & orange slice & blackberry ice cubes)
- 1Ice Cubes - For flavored ice cubes - freeze orange juice in ice cube trays.
- 2For the orange slices/blackberries ice cubes - place half a slice of orange and two blackberries in ice cube tray and fill with water -- freeze and store in plastic bag until ready to use.
- 3Steep teabags in 4 cups of boiling water for 3 - 4 minutes, then discard the teabags. Place tea on counter to cool.
- 4Don't allow tea to over steep, it will result in a bitter tea.
- 5In large pot, bring blackberries, juice, sugar and 1/2 cup water to boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the blackberries break down.
- 7Next add the berry mixture to the tea. Allow the hot tea to cool on the counter before putting into the fridge to prevent clouding in your tea.
- 8Once tea has cooled put in fridge to chill for 4 hours.
- 9Strain tea mixture and serve in a ice cube filled glass that you have rimmed with orange juice and dipped in sugar.
- 10Garnish with orange slice and mint. Close your eyes, sit back on the deck and enjoy.
- 11Iced tea taste best when it is freshly made and will last for two or three days.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry & Orange Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: