An easy no cook jam.
Make and share this Blackberry No-Cook Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare fruit by crushing and then measure 3 cups of the fruit into a large bowl.
- Stir sugar into fruit and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix the water and the pectin together in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat while stirring constantly and continue boiling for 1 full minute.
- Stir the pectin/water into the fruit and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Fill plastic or glass freezer containers to within ½-inch of top, cover with lids and let stand at room temp for 24 hours.
- Store in freezer.
- After opening, store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
I changed the servings to 8 jars which was 1 quart blackberries, 3 1/2 cups sugar and 2/3 package of pectin. I used fresh picked blackberries from my back pond area. After crushing/mashing the blackberries I stirred in the sugar and let sit for about 1 hour stirring often to help dissolve and combine the sugar before mixing in the hot pectin. Wonderful flavor :) Can't wait to serve over some waffles.
This is a really easy jam to make and it tasted great.Next time I will use alittle less sugar and a finer sugar.Thanks for posting