This is a recipe that my mother made when I was a kid. My sister has passed it on to me. I like best with plain cold milk or maybe vanilla ice cream.
- Combine berries and 1 cup water in saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine corn starch and 1/3 cup water until smooth.
- Stir corn starch/water mixture in to berries and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and mixture until smooth.
- Pour into 1 quart dish and cool.
- Serve with milk or vanilla ice cream.