Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from the American Diabetes Association. I'm guessing that blueberries or raspberries would be good too.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the applesauce, eggs, and buttermilk.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients.
- Mix gently until just combined.
- Carefully fold in the blackberries.
- Pour the batter into nonstick muffin cups until they are two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and muffins are lightly browned.