Recipe by frozenmargarita
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
delicious and simple. nice, short list of easy ingredients. followed exactly except used all organic ingredients and changed the serving to 9 muffins as they are just for my 3 yr old daughter and myself for the week. we overmixed on purpose hoping to make them dense (we are probably the only people who prefer our muffins this way) but they still came out moist and fluffy but a nice texture; not spongy like most muffins. for sugar i did use turbinado sugar which i think kept it from being overly sweet. i will be making these again and attempting them with whole wheat flour to boost the nutritional value up just a tad since my daughter will be eating them. thanks so much for sharing!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons warm melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 11 ounces fresh blackberries, cut in half You can use frozen blackberries if fresh are not available
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F Grease a standard 12 muffin pan or line with paper muffin cups. (Actually, with the berries you'll have more batter than just for 12 muffins. This batch made 18 muffins.).
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, milk, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix together with a few light strokes, just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Add the berries. (If you are using frozen berries, defrost them first, then drain the excess liquid, then coat them lightly in flour.) Do not overmix! Overmixing will cause the muffins to be dense, not fluffy. The batter should not be smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of 1 or 2 of the muffins comes out clean, 17-20 minutes (or longer). Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes before removing from the pan. If not serving hot, let cool on a rack.
- Serve as soon as possible, preferably within a few hours of baking.