Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good recipe that I use mainly for celebrations and when blackberries are in season.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blackberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 2 12 cup muffin pans, or use liners. In a large bowl cream butter with sugar and add eggs.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the flour and combine the remaining flour with baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Combine milk and vanilla. Alternately add the milk and flour mixture to the creamed butter and egg mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved flour over berries and gently fold berries into the mixture.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full and sprinkle tops with sugar if desired.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until done.