Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Dark, sweet, and fresh, Blackberry Mint and Lime Fruit Leathers are the perfect summer treat. I have fond memories of blackberry pickin' in the hills of California and now here in North Carolina. I think blackberries grow everywhere! What a great way to use them! Found on Pinterest.
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lime, zest of
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven 170°F.
- Place blackberries, mint leaves, honey, lime zest, and lime juice in a food processor or a high powered blender. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Note: If you are not a fan of seeds, strain the puree as best as you can.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the puree onto the paper and spread thickly and evenly with a spatula. Place in the oven and bake for 6 hours or until no longer wet.
- With scissors, cut the paper in half. Next, roll the paper up into a cigar shape.
- Cut the fruit roll into 2-inch segments and serve. Store in an air-tight container.