Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Blackberries. I love their sweetness and their tartness. I grabbed a few packages for a buck at the store last week. And I just had to make some muffins, or are they cupcakes? I'm not sure what to call them. Because they really could be both. They are that versatile. Now scroll through the delicious-ness and then help me figure out where these little goodies belong in the next cookbook!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blackberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 24 mini-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Slice the blackberries in half and place in a bowl with the lemon juice.
- Add the sugar and toss away. But do so lightly. You don't want to hurt the blackberries!
- Try your best not to eat 'em up!
- Prepare the batter in a stand mixer or mixing bowl with hand mixer by beating the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk until smooth. Then add the flour, baking soda and salt and beat until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour some batter into each of the mini muffin wells. Fill about 1/4 full.
- Add 2 blackberry halves to each well.
- Be sure to not let too much of the liquid from the blackberry bowl get into the batter. A little is fine.
- Pour the remaining batter over the top of the blackberries. (I don't mean to SWAY your vote, but this batter was VERY much like cake batter!).
- Fill up the muffin tins. All the way full is fine!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 14 to 16 minutes, or until cooked through!
- Let cool on cooling rack. Enjoy!
These are delicious! Moist and cake-like. I sprinkled cinnamon-sugar topping on before baking.