Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cooking Light June 2011
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lime
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup 100% agave white tequila
- 3⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar and kosher salt in a dish. Cut lime into 9 wedges; rub rims of 8 glasses with 1 lime wedge.
- Dip rims of glasses in salt mixture. Combine water and 1/2 cup sugar in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup.
- Microwave at HIGH 2 1/2 minutes, stirring to dissolve sugar; cool. Combine syrup, tequila, Grand Marnier, fresh lime juice, and blackberries in a blender; process until smooth.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth-lined sieve over a pitcher; discard solids. Serve over ice. Garnish with remaining lime wedges.