Recipe by Shiraz
I came up with recipe in order to use up some fresh blackberries. This is very good for brunch, breakfast, or a snack. I hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by lemonyemilyo
I had lots of blackberries, so I made a double batch in two 8x8 pans. I just threw the second pan in the garbage. It sounded good and looked good, but it was not. I should have just made a regular coffee cake and mixed the berries in.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blackberries, sliced into thirds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the loaf: Mix together butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternately, add milk and flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add vanilla, stir.
- Fold in blackberries gently, try not to mash them too much.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- To make streusel: Combine streusel ingredients, mix until crumbly.
- Pour over batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
- Check frequently after 45 minutes.
- Loaf should be golden brown and a knife inserted in the center of the loaf should come out dry.