Ridiculously easy to make, tastes wonderful and makes an impressive gift for any non-teetotaler friends. Superfine sugar works the best. Preparation time does not include 10-12 days for fruit to infuse liqueur.
- Shake together the water, vodka and sugar to dissolve sugar.
- Gently mix together with the blackberries, taking care not to cut or crush the berries.
- Leave to infuse about 10-12 days until the berries have lost most of their color.
- Pour thru a fine strainer and discard the berries.
- Pour into decorative bottles.
This is an amazing liqueur! I could not be more pleased with the results. Its going to make a lovely addition to a gift basket for my SIL. My only complaint is that I bought a deep red bottle a few weeks ago to put it in, and I wish I had a clear one because the liqueur is a lovely, deep color. Used superfine sugar as suggested, but had to use frozen blackberries. I think it will be twice as amazing (if thats possible) towards the end of summer when we have tons of blackberries. Thanks for a great recipe. By the way, for those interested in making, 3 cups of vodka is slightly less than a 750mL bottle.
Discard the blackberries? Are you kidding? That's what white ice cream is for. ;-)
I had a loaded plum tree and used this recipe. Very good, thanks for the recipe. I took a photo, the color is a lot different than the blackberry.