Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Delicious blackberry flavored lemonade! This is a Taste of Home recipe.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 -2 drop blue food coloring (optional)
- Combine 2 c water and sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Stirring occasionally, boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add in the lemon juice, lemon peel and remaining 2 c water.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine 1 c of the lemon mixture, and the blackberries in a blender.
- Blend well; strain the mixture and discard the seeds.
- Pour the blackberry and remaining lemon mixture in a pitcher.
- Stir well and add food coloring if desired.
- Chill and serve over ice.
Used artificial sweetener and it turned out just fine! Skipped the food coloring and it was plenty colorful on its own. Double it to get a pitcher full to share!
Really yummy! I made it exactly as written, except we left the seeds in and it was great! It's like drinking a little pulp with it. This is a real winner!!! UPDATE: I just tried making this with half blackberries and half peaches (with skin on) and it's super delish too!
Good! We found the flavor to be really intense, but good. I put 4 trays of ice cubes in with the warm drink and put it in the fridge. I also skipped the food coloring. Thanks!