- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 -2 drop blue food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 c water and sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Stirring occasionally, boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add in the lemon juice, lemon peel and remaining 2 c water.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine 1 c of the lemon mixture, and the blackberries in a blender.
- Blend well; strain the mixture and discard the seeds.
- Pour the blackberry and remaining lemon mixture in a pitcher.
- Stir well and add food coloring if desired.
- Chill and serve over ice.