Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delightful shortbread crust, lemon, and blackberries make for this deliciously tart, yet sweet, summer pie.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2-1 cup blackberry, based on your preference
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake the pie crust for approximately 6 minutes. Let cool.(See pie crust method below).
- Beat 4 egg whites at high speed until bubbly, set aside.
- Whick together 4 egg yolks, sugar, and melted butter until combined. Add vanilla extract and lemon juice. Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into cooled pie crust and drop blackberries evenly about the pie. Put in the center of the oven.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the crust is gold-brown and the edges no longer jiggle.
- The Crust:.
- Add all ingredients except the butter. Rub the cubed butter in by hand until forming a coarse meal. Press into buttered pan.
I really like this, it was tart and sweet and my GF liked it alot. But it did need a little bit more baking time and made a little much on the crust (but i was using a smaller pan); so I just put that in a separate pan and baked it as a really good shortbread.