Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Blackbird in New York (now closed). I substitute my Blackberry Liqueur (Blackberry Liqueur) for the Marie Brizard. Cooking time is actually time to marinate the berries.
- 1 pint blackberries or 1 pint raspberries or 1 pint blueberries or 1 pint strawberry
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 4 teaspoons Cointreau liqueur
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces marie brizard blackberry liqueur
- 3⁄4 fluid ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 fluid ounce simple syrup (see Sharlene~W's Simple Syrup)
- 1 fluid ounce water
- Marinate berries in brandy through sugar 3 hours.
- Combine blackberry liqueur through water in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice.
- Strain into a highball glass ¾ filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with 1 heaping Tbs marinated mixed berries and serve with a straw.
- Use leftover berries to make more drinks or serve over ice cream, pudding, pound cake, etc.
This is really such a treat! I just happened to have fresh blackberries and simple syrup (made with a little mint) on hand to make this lovely julep : ) Very refreshing and light! Would be very nice served on a warm summer's evening ~ Thank you, Echo echo!