1/1 Photo of Blackberry Jelly Like Grandma Made
1 hr 30 mins
I have made several batches of runny jelly, I need specific instructions, finally I did it and I am entering it before I forget it. Jelly without pectin is so much better in flavor, I know the pectin has no flavor, but it never taste like Grandmas. (Use 3/4-1 cup sugar per 1 cup of berry juice. Use 3/4 cup of water per 4 cups of berries. )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse berries and place in large kettle with water.
- 2Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Drain berries and put threw cheesecloth to remove all seeds.
- 4Add back to kettle with sugar.
- 5Boil to 220 degrees (-2 degrees for each 1000 feet above sea level)- I just used 220 in Ohio.?.
- 6I have noticed I need to boil at the 220 mark for awhile for a nice gel, so make sure you not only hit the 220 mark but go for 221, to be on the safe side.
- 7Put in sterilized jars.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry Jelly Like Grandma Made
Serving Size: 1 (3111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 199.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: