Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely jelly for toast or scones
- Clean and wash the berries.
- Place in a container and crush completely.
- Heat the mixture till the juice approaches boiling.
- Allow the juice to simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a jelly bag.
- Recover 3 cups of the juice and place into a deep saucepan.
- Add the juice of 2 lemons and pectin. Stir well.
- Add 5 cups of granulated sugar and mix well.
- Next place the mixture over a high heat and bring to a boil for 1 full minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, skim off the foam and pour juice into hot sterile jelly glasses.
- Process in a hot water bath 5 minutes.