Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spices of the World Cookbook by McCormick. Copyright 1964. They frost this with Lemon Frosting
Make and share this Blackberry Jam Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter; add sugar and continue to cream until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Sift together spices and dry ingredients. Add alternately with buttermilk and jam to creamed mixture.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites and beat until stiff; fold into batter.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 375* for 30 minutes or until cake tests done.