- 7 tablespoons butter or 7 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firm packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup blackberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Combine flour, soda and salt, add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats.
- Press half of mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square an.
- Top mixture with jam, spreading to within a 1/4 inch of edge.
- Press remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Cool, cut into bars.