Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Combine flour, soda and salt, add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats.
- Press half of mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square an.
- Top mixture with jam, spreading to within a 1/4 inch of edge.
- Press remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Cool, cut into bars.
So easy! I make these often, and sometimes I add a glaze to drizzle on the top of the bars (confectioner's sugar, lemon juice and blackberry jam. Delicious!
Wonderful, the kids loved them!
My husband and I really liked these great bars. Easy to make and a good flavor. I imagine you could use any jam. Thanks, Christine