Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
For the hords of blackberries from my dad's garden.
- 2 pints fresh blackberries, rinsed in a colander
- 2 -3 cups sugar (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl, coarsely crush the berries by hand with a potato masher, leaving a few whole berries or chunks.
- Transfer to slow cooker; stir in the sugar and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 hours, stirring twice during cooking.
- Remove the lid and turn temperature to HIGH; cook 2 to 3 hours longer, until the jam is nice and syrupy.
- Ladle the warm jam into clean spring-top glass jars (or use screw tops with new lids); let stand until cool.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 months; or spoon into small plastic storage containers and freeze for up to 2 months.