This is a simple icing recipe that I found in Parents magazine. It's a BIG hit at the office. I imagine you could make this with different berries as well but haven't tried it yet. Use your own cake recipe or box mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package vanilla cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 24 blackberries (to garnish)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 3/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1Prepare cake mix according to package directions, making 24 cupcakes. Allow to cool.
- 2Puree 1 cup of blackberries in food processor or blender. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds. Work through with a spatula if needed.
- 3In large bowl, beat butter on medium-high speed about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- 4Add blackberry puree, 3 cups of powdered sugar, and salt. Beat on low until sugar incorporates into the butter, then increase speed to medium-high to mix.
- 5Add remaining powdered sugar, a little at a time, until the icing reaches your preferred consistency.
- 6Pipe onto cupcakes using a large star tip.
- 7Top each with a blackberry.
- 8Chill for at least 1 hour. (Good served cold!).
Browse Our Top Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry Icing for Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 183.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 32.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: