Recipe by ChefDLH
a great recipe for iced tea that is off the beaten path. Great for showers baby or bridal, parties, bbqs or just when you want some southern tea. From Paula Deen's magazine May /June 2009. PREP TIME INCLUDES CHILL TIME. Enjoy! Chef DLH
- 1 quart water
- 4 family-size tea bags
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry syrup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- sliced lemon, blackberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add tea bags; remove saucepan from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags.Pour tea into a 1-gallon pitcher. Stir in sugar, syrup, and lemon juice. Add enough additional water to make 1 gallon. Cover, and chill for at least 4 hours. Garnish with lemons and blackberries, if desired.
- Note: Blackberry syrup can be found with pancake syrups in the grocery store.
- Prep time includes chill time.