Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great sweet glaze for canned ham. I came up with it after being stuck in the house during a snowstorm, and having to make due with what I had in the house..I found my DH and son cutting the top off the ham after dinner, just to eat the part with the glaze on it!!!Make sure to make extra, as you can pour it over the ham during dinner...The alcohol cooks out so everyone cn enjoy it.
- 1⁄3 cup blackberry liqueur
- 2⁄3 cup apple juice (I used unsweetened)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed tightly
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 -2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix everything in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, and simmer stirring frequently until thickened and reduced to a syrup like consistancy.
- Baste ham with glaze during last 1/2 hour of cooking, being careful to keep an eye that it doen't burn.(Just baste frequently.
Loved this sauce! Your seeing my picture correctly, I chose to put our sauce over chicken and onion kabobs I was grilling.I had a feeling this might be good over chicken as well so I gave it a try and my family loved it. Great sauce to make. A keeper!