Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy pork with a rich blackberry glaze.
- 118.29 ml seedless blackberry spread (sugar free is great too)
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml sugar or 14.79 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml cinnamon (optional)
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g pork tenderloin, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 4.92 ml dried thyme leaves, divided
- 4.92 ml salt, divided
- Whisk blackberry spread, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, and red pepper flakes in small bowl until blended, set aside.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray; add oil; tilt skillet to coat bottom.
- Add half of pork slices; sprinkle with half of thyme and half of salt.
- Cook 2 minutes; turn and cook 1 minute on other side.
- Remove pork from skillet and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining pork, thyme and salt.
- Add blackberry mixture to skillet and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add reserved pork slices, discarding any accumulated juices.
- Cook about 5 minutes, turning constantly, until pork is richly glazed.
Awesome recipe! So easy and fast to make - my first success with tenderloin. Next time I will make it without the added sugar as I felt it did not need to be quite as sweet. Can't wait to try this again!
This was such a nice change from the usual pork! We really enjoyed it & how easy it was to make. I didn't have seedless blackberry spread, but I did have leftover Blackberry-Raspberry Sauce made with fresh berries. I had DS push the sauce through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds & then it worked like a charm for this recipe. I also left out the cinnamon, as my family just never likes it in savory dishes, and made up for it with a little extra red pepper flakes. Absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing, alijen! :)
Yum, this was really good! I made it with some blackberry jelly that someone had given us as a gift, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't sugar free, but I did use the Splenda. It was yummy!