Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
This a fruity but not too sweet cocktail, perfect for a summer evening or anytime. If you don't have fresh berries defrosted frozen ones will work too. I used marionberries and the smaller amount of sugar. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blackberries (or raspberries and blackberries)
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 ounces gin
- 1⁄8 cup Chambord raspberry liquor
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (from two juicy limes)
- club soda
- 2 sprigs sweet basil (for garnish) or 2 thin lime wedges (for garnish)
- Purée blackberries and sugar in a blender until as liquefied as possible. Strain purée through a fine-mesh sieve, and put 2 TBLS into each of two tall or collins-style glasses; discard seeds in sieve.
- Divide gin and lime juice between glasses and stir to combine. Add ice to glasses then top each with soda and a sprig of basil or wedge of lime. (Might need another quick stir to combine.).