Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
- 2 cups frozen blackberries or 2 cups fresh blackberries or 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can blackberries, drained
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Thaw berries if frozen.
- Mix sugar and gelatin in a saucepan.
- Stir in milk and water.
- Heat just till gelatin dissolves, set aside to cool.
- Place berries in a blender conatainer or food processor bowl.
- Cover and blend or process till smooth.
- Press through a sieve and discard seeds.
- Stir puree, yogurt, orange peel and juice into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into a 9x5x3 inch pan.
- Cover, freeze till nearly firm about 6 hours.
- Break into chunks.
- Transfer to a chilled large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer till smooth, but not melted.
- Return to cold loaf pan.
- Cover, freeze till firm, about 8 hours.
I've used this recipe for years and it's really good. The only difference is that I don't add the water at all and I usually use 1/3 to 1/2 cup of splenda in place of the sugar. Tastes better with the sugar, of course, but we're trying to lighten up on sugar around here. Thanks for posting it!