Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice fruit dessert for the summer or even winter if you like :P
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup whipped cream
- 4 blackberries
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- Place the blackberries and apples in a saucepan with 3 T sugar and 2 T water. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the fruit has softened.
- Cool slightly, then puree the fruit in a food processor or blender and strain.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until boiling. Meanwhile, mix the flour, cornstarch, egg yolks and remaining sugar together. Pour on the milk and beat together.
- Return to the saucepan and heat until thickened, stirrring continuously. Stir in the blackberry puree and leave to cool.
- Fold 2/3 of the whipped cream into the cold blackberry mix to give a marbled effect.
- Spoon into 4 individual glasses, decorate with the remaining cream, blackberries and sprigs of mint. Serve.