Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A dessert using fresh berries from the summer season.
- 4 1⁄2 cups fresh blackberries (rinsed and stems removed)
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup water or 2⁄3 cup milk
- Crush blackberries.
- Mix bisquick and water or milk. Flour hands and roll dough into 2 inch balls. Have ready for blackberry mixture.
- Place berries,sugar and 2 cups water in pot. Bring to boil.Stirring constantly.
- Drop dumplings into blackberry mix.
- Cover and simmer on med low for ten to twelve minutes.
- Serve warm. Add ice cream or cream if desired.