Served at Teddi's Tea Room in Spring TX..
Make and share this Blackberry Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Sift the flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add the egg, stirring until blended. Add just enough milk to make a stiff batter and mix well.
- Combine the blackberries, 1 cup sugar, water, and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Drop the batter 1 spoonful at a time (each spoonful should be 1/6 of the batter) into the boiling blackberry mixture. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.