Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You dump everything into the bottom of a casserole dish, throw ‘er in the oven and waa laa!! You have a heavenly dessert, a little lovin’ from the oven.
- yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted (can also use cold butter shavings)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 Mix your berries, sugar and cinnamon together and spread in the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- 3 Sprinkle dry cake mix and rolled oats over the top of berry mixture.
- 4 Pour melted butter over the cake/oats mix, make sure you cover evenly. (Melted butter will absorb into the dry cake mix. Do not stir! If you use cold butter shavings, scatter over the top of dry cake mix trying to cover evenly).
- 5 Bake 30 minutes or until top is golden and berries are bubbling. You can serve this with ice cream, whipped cream or cool whip.
I had to go to a potluck, but our pipes had frozen, so I needed a recipe that didn't make a lot of dishes. This one was so easy, and everyone raved! Shaving the cold butter to distribute evenly over the top is brilliant. I did have to bake it closer to 45 minutes. Nice to find a dump cake recipe that uses fresh berries. Thanks for posting!
super delish! wonderfully indulgent way to use fresh berries. The extra butter gives it a nice toffee type quality. Everybody at the dinner party loved it!