Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful blackberry cupcake with a refreshing green tea frosting.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry, coulis
- 3 ounces blackberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 cup water
- mint leaf, for garnish
- fresh blackberries, for garnish
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons green tea powder
- To make blackberry coulis, combine blackberries, sugar, vanilla, and water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Let cool and puree. Strain to remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time.
- In another bowl, whisk milk, vanilla, and blackberry coulis. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients into butter mix. Pour in milk/coulis mix. Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
- Pour into liners and bake 12-15 minutes.
- For frosting:.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in bowl of electric mixer, beat until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and matcha. Add more powdered sugar if needed. Beat on high until fluffy.
- Garnish with mint leaves and fresh blackberries.