Recipe by John_L
A uniquely tart and sweet treat! Perfect as a solo snack, after a meal, or paired with a foamy latte.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup blackberry, pureed and strained (can sub with seedless jam)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate pudding
- 1 cup milk
- fresh blackberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in small bowl - set aside.
- Beat butter til fluffy in medium bowl.
- Gradually beat in sugar til fluffy with mixer on high.
- Lower mixer speed to medium - beat in egg, then vanilla.
- Lower the mixer speed to low - beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk til blended.
- Blend in jam until nearly blended.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 20 mins until cakes are spongy.
- Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- Mix pudding mix and sugar together to get out lumps.
- Add milk and whip together.
- Mix in the Cool Whip.
- Put in the fridge to set.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, frost liberally.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries.