Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on tasteofhome.com. It's perfect for the two of us, and so good. I've adjusted the recipe slightly to suit my tastes.
- 709.77 ml blackberries
- 44.37-59.16 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml water
- 3.69 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml quick-cooking oats
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.14 ml cold butter
- Place blackberries in a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over berries.
- Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
Easy to make and delicious to eat! We served this with vanilla ice cream and it's a complete hit here. Berries vary, but we got a very nice balance of sweetness and tartness the first try.