Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on tasteofhome.com. It's perfect for the two of us, and so good. I've adjusted the recipe slightly to suit my tastes.
- 3 cups blackberries
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- Place blackberries in a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over berries.
- Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
summer in Seattle means blackberries on practically every block. This is a simple, fast delicious recipe. The only think I would strive for next time might be a more crumbly, crunchy top. Mine was sort of soft, yet nice golden brown. But every agreed, taste can't get much better. Thanks for the recipe.
Easy to make and delicious to eat! We served this with vanilla ice cream and it's a complete hit here. Berries vary, but we got a very nice balance of sweetness and tartness the first try.