Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so good and so easy, I can't seem to make enough of it! It's my favorite crisp recipe ever! I got it out of Taste of Home magazine. You will definitely enjoy it!
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (I use frozen) or 2 cups frozen blackberries (I use frozen)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- vanilla ice cream
- Place blackberries in a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth; pour over berries.
- Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Delicious! I love recipes like this that are not only quick and easy, but yummy too. I used fresh blackberries and old-fashioned oats instead of quick-cooking oats. The juice was a little runnier than we like, so I think next time I will increase the amount of cornstarch. I baked this in a 6"x9" baking dish for 25 minutes. Served warm with vanilla ice cream...yum!
Do not use cornstarch with lemon. Gave it an unpleasant taste using frozen wild blackberries. Other than that taste good.
I made this today and it was delicious. I doubled the recipe and put in a 9 x 13 pan. I also used a mix of frozen blackberries, raspberries, cherries and blueberries and served with whipped cream. It was raved about at our family dinner.