Recipe by the6-sranch
This is so good and so easy, I can't seem to make enough of it! It's my favorite crisp recipe ever! I got it out of Taste of Home magazine. You will definitely enjoy it!
Top Review by littlebug
I made this today and it was delicious. I doubled the recipe and put in a 9 x 13 pan. I also used a mix of frozen blackberries, raspberries, cherries and blueberries and served with whipped cream. It was raved about at our family dinner.
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (I use frozen) or 2 cups frozen blackberries (I use frozen)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place blackberries in a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth; pour over berries.
- Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm with ice cream.