Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great change from the traditional Blackberry Cobbler From Best of the Best from Ohio Cookbook
Make and share this Blackberry Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix sugar and the 2TBS of flour in a bowl.
- Add berries and toss to coat evenly.
- Add berries to a well buttered 9x9x2 baking pan.
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix well.
- Make a well in the center and add beaten eggs.
- Beat until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over berries.
- Drizzle melted butter over crumbles.
- Bake for 45 minute or until crisp.
- You may want to place a baking sheet under the crisp in case of spillover.
This is so very good. I never made a blackberry crisp before this recipe. My hubby loved it! Simple and very pretty to take to an event. I too added some oats for texture and cut back the sugar- to taste. Such a yummy treat. :) You won't be sorry!
Too much sugar in filling and in topping. Sickly sweet and believe me, I like sweet. I suggest adding half of the sugar for filling and then adjust to your liking. Topping: Cut sugar in half and once again taste. I added 1/2 c oats to topping which was perfect--cook longer if you do this or center of crisp will be wet.
WOW....this is SOOOOOOOOOO good!!! I did make a couple changes...I added 1/2 cup rolled oats & a couple teaspoons of cinnamon to the topping & I didn't melt the butter...I cut it in, instead. Other than that, GREAT!!! THANKS for sharing!!!