Recipe by Roger/OH
A great change from the traditional Blackberry Cobbler From Best of the Best from Ohio Cookbook
Top Review by TeacherLaLa
This is so very good. I never made a blackberry crisp before this recipe. My hubby loved it! Simple and very pretty to take to an event. I too added some oats for texture and cut back the sugar- to taste. Such a yummy treat. :) You won't be sorry!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix sugar and the 2TBS of flour in a bowl.
- Add berries and toss to coat evenly.
- Add berries to a well buttered 9x9x2 baking pan.
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix well.
- Make a well in the center and add beaten eggs.
- Beat until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over berries.
- Drizzle melted butter over crumbles.
- Bake for 45 minute or until crisp.
- You may want to place a baking sheet under the crisp in case of spillover.